My favorite thing about Summer beauty – apart my skin having a natural tan for once – is all of the bright nail colors. It’s such a cheerful and carefree look . So, in this spirit I decided to give nail tattoos a try and make my mani even more fun!
These are pretty easy to apply, I didn’t even need to use tweezers. I had to be very careful when peeling them off the backing with the more delicate designs so they didn’t snap. The glue on these is so strong I had to make sure I got the placement right first time. I went over them with a top coat of clear varnish to really seal them to the nail.
How to quickly make your own polish:
- Start with a bottle clear top coat that is already around a third used up. Lay out some newspaper as this is about to get messy!
- With a pair of tweezers mash up a small powder eye shadow into a fine powder. I mixed blue and little bit of pale gold together.
- Create a narrow funnel with a piece of paper, making the end the same width as the top of your bottle.
- Carefully shovel about a quarter of the eye shadow into the funnel. Keep giving the funnel a gentle tap so the eyeshadow doesn’t back up.
- Screw the lid on firmly and quickly rub the bottle between your palms to blend it all together . Be patient and don’t shake it as this will create air bubbles.
- Keep on repeating step 4 and 5 until the polish is the desired color.
- Your polish will now be a lot thicker than before. Thin it out by adding a teeny tiny drop of gentle/conditioning nail varnish remover. Don’t over do this bit or your nail polish will constantly separate as soon as you put it down, which I soon learned! (Before each use give the bottle a little giggle to blend it together again smoothly).
- Et voila! All that’s left to do is name your totally unique shade of polish.