I’d like to say a big thank you to Alia at Au Naturel Essence for nominating me! I’m glad I got this one as it’s for blogs with under 200 followers and it happens to mark an occasion: I’ve recently just passed the 100 follower mark!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog: http://aunaturelessence.wordpress.com/ Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked of you, and create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Nominate 11 blogs you think deserve to be noticed, and leave comments for them letting them know that they’ve been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag-backs.
I’m really struggling at the moment to find blogs I’m certain have under 200 followers and/or haven’t already got the award! So please, if I follow your blog and you are eligible (or if you know someone who’s getting a bit disheartened, who you think deserves it instead) please could you drop me an email or leave a comment under this post. I will gladly nominate you, with a link to your blog in this post. I know this is not the conventional way but then, I never have been very conventional! I won’t display the award on my blogs side bar until I’ve nominated other blogs and asked them a list of (hopefully fun and interesting) questions.
11 Facts about me
1. I have weak hand domination, which basically means I use both hands equally to do different tasks so I’m neither left or right handed.
2. I was born with blue eyes which quickly turned to a lime green colour and they are now starting to get lots amber colour in them. Weird but cool.
3. When I reach my 60’s I hope I shall wear my long silver hair in a platt and have a tribe of cats.
4. I have no tatts but want one of a baby dragon climbing up my arm.
5. I have a food intolerance to wheat & dairy. Yoghurt is my kriptonite.
6. I way just over 10 stone and I’m happy with that.
7. I’m so crap at walking in heels that one day I got asked by a police officer if I’d been drinking as I was wobbling so much.
8. I used to be able to drink a bottle of wine before going on a night out and then beer and a few shots of absinthe and still walk straight. Now I settle for 2 cans and I’m happy.
9. I can dance well to pretty much any style of music – within reason!
10. I have a major history of cancer on both sides of my family, so wish me luck!
11. I’m vegetarian and the first red meat I tried at age 12 was a McDonalds burger which I swiftly threw up.
My answers to Alia’s ace questions
1. What is your favorite colour?
Any shade of blue including turquoise and teal.
2. What was your scariest moment?
Finding myself in a sea kayak with waves coming at me side on about to flip me over at any moment, wondering what the hell was I thinking when I signed up to do it!
3. What was your happiest moment?
This is totally mushy but I have to say, I have never felt happier than when I’m snuggled up to my bloke on his couch, under blankets, listening to the rain outside.
4. What do you do to relax?
Drink a couple of beers, eat my fave take-away (veg and tofu satay with egg fried rice) and watch girly sitcoms by myself.
5. What book would recommend?
Sugar by Bernice McFaden. It’s about a young black women who has led a tough life after being abandoned by her mother into a brothel, who’s trying to make a better life for herself.
6. What inspires you to continue blogging?
I met a really cool bloke years ago who set up a (now defunct) blog for me and told me I should write. I tried it and I got a great response to my first post. Readers comments and ‘likes’ are still the main reason I love blogging! I must have a deep need for acceptance or something, hahaa!
7. What is your dream vacation?
Hawaii. I am determined I will go there alone one day, as it’s kind of become my own personal mecca.
8. Who do you admire the most?
My Dad, he always seems to just be able to hold it together no matter what is going on around him. I’ve never seen him cry but at the same time he’s still emotional. He;s been a great support to my Mum as well.
9. What is the most effective way you’ve found to promote your blog?
Twitter and blogger forums on Face Book (Northwest Bloggers, GiG and FBL Bloggers) Also just taking the time to comment on other people’s blogs and joining conversations in regular forums which creates an actual community.
10. What is your profession?
I’m professionally unemployed.
11. If you had just one day left to live, how would you spend it?
With my family in Hawaii (this has been a very pre-empted day apparently) going joint paragliding with my boyfriend.!