- I’ve started trying to be more empathetic. Trying not to take other peoples moodiness too personally and also giving them some quiet time or recognising if they are struggling emotionally. It’s easy to take others moodiness personally but we don’t always realise how much stress they may be dealing with and how much it’s actually effecting them.
- I’ve learned to accept my limitations and not to push myself until I’m exhausted and therefore going from one fail to another. I’m not a super-human and it’s ok to say “I don’t have the time/energy to be able to this, I’m sorry but it’s not going to happen.” Also to do half of the things well and enjoy them rather than trying to get all of the things done in a rushed and stressed out manner.
- I’ve learned that even though I can struggle to find the right words for things and keep my thoughts in order, I can actually be confident, articulate, emotive and put my point across in a very specific way in front of strangers in a court room. All thanks to taking the department of work and pensions to tribunal.
- I’ve realised it doesn’t mean you have failed or are shit at something (ok maybe a little) if you need to ask someone to help you with something. There is persevering, practicing and learning and then there’s struggling needlessly as a result of foolish pride!
- I’ve started taking care of my health on a daily basis but not worrying about what may happen in the future. I mean no one really knows for sure. I love chaos theory, ha! There is no point spoiling the moment you are in worrying about the moments ahead. If I just chill and go with the flow then not only am I going to be happier and have more laughs, I’m not going to be emotionally exhausted when/if I do need to tackle a problem.
One other weird thing….I felt like I had grown a few inches and lost a little bit of weight. Turns out I’m still the same as I was before!? I have been consciously (my god, I actually spelt that right first time) working on my posture so maybe that’s it.
Any points here that resonate with you?
Leave a comment, I love reading your opinions!