Whether you are single or your loved one is far away or you just want to ignore the whole bloody thing, here are some simple ideas to treat yourself.
- Have a Netflicks binge – avoiding anything romantic. Comedy zombies are always good for this.
- Buy your favourite foods and be glad no one is asking to share them.
- Visit the hairdressers or go clothes shopping to give yourself a fresh new look…Maybe one you hadn’t dared to do before but have secretly ALWAYS wanted?
- Go to an exhibition or museum or hop on a train with your camera and discover a city you’ve not been to before.
- Buy a cool little notebook book and start writing down anything positive that has happened to you that day. Like a mini diary full of random positivity.
- Help out at a shelter, wether it’s for animals or humans. It will make your day/evening worth while and give you some well needed perspective if you’ve been throwing a pity party for yourself. The helping bit is the most important bit though obviously!
- Spend the day with a mate where you take turns deciding what you will both do next. If posing for silly joint-selfies in front of popular landmarks is their idea of fun then so be it. If riding a mechanical bull is your idea…Well then that’s more than enough payback.
- Have a long bubble bath with a good book or use epsom salts if bubbles are too girly.
- Spend the day making your living room/bedroom as awesome as possible. Basically creating a man/woman cave where you will enjoy having time to your self.
- Set up a dating profile on a well known site (that isn’t Tinder). Either be serious and pro-active about finding love or set up a really bizarre profile and laugh at the responses that you get back. ‘Is anyone else a devout follower of The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?’
No love and hugs, just Netflicks and chill,