The first time I tried this outfit I wore 90’s style goth tights which were pretty opaque on the bottom, then had a black band and then were less opaque with a black line going upward, creating a grungy faux suspender pattern. Due to the camera flash making them look real, they made my outfit look less ‘relaxed pastel goth’ and more ‘Rocky Horror Show’! So I’ve worn totally opaque tights this time lol
Pastel Goth Sweater – Similar here @ Bajues Best
Quilted Faux Leather Skirt – Similar here @ Miss Guided
Black Opaque Tights – Similar here @ Next
Patent Ankle Boots – Similar here @ asos
Clean Skin 5-in-1 Water £21 is basically a cleansing ritual in a bottle. It’s a wonderful makeup remover, cleanser, toner and is one of the most refreshing and moisturising cleansers I’ve used.
This is a result of rosewater, olive and almond oils and wild mint. Afterward I apply a vitamin C serum for day or retinol moisturiser for night and my combination skin stays balanced for around twelve hours.
It might seem expensive but 200ml is going to last ages as the spray novel easily lets you control how much you use. It’s also narrowed my skincare routine down to only two products so it’s now cheaper and quicker!
This Works uses 100% natural fragrances and 100% pure essential oils.
- synthetic colour and fragrance
- mineral oils
- petrolatum and propylene glycol.
Rating ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
My lips are almost as pale as my wrists due to cold weather and bad circulation, so this really is the true colour when applied, I promise.
This lip gloss in ‘Indian Summer’ from Beautiful Me is basically my perfect lip gloss! Somewhere between sheer and opaque the gloss is build-able so that the rose-brown colour with a subtle gold shimmer can be worn subtly for day or really make an impact at night. It stays put for hours, with the golden shimmer still visible even after eating and it’s the least sticky lip gloss I’ve ever used.
I picked this up at Holland & Barrett for £12 along with my food shop and I’m so glad I took a chance bought two!
Beautiful Me makeup has been approved by PETA and Cruelty Free International who have teamed up with BUAV so it has the (leaping bunny) logo as you can see in the piccy above.
- Extra large Mochas with hazelnut, ginger bread, pumpkin spice, fudge, salted caramel, basically anything that makes it taste like desert.
- An excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes – well, half at least.
- Easy-to-wear long cardigans with sleeves that your hands disappear into. Being able to wear your adorkable jumper/beanie/mittens with pride.
- Cozy pubs who are finnally bothering to light their traditional wood or log fires.
- A full Sunday roast (nut roast, please!) is even more welcoming after coming in from the cold!
- No longer having to refrigerate left overs with military timing.
- Snuggling up to your man or your pet.
- Long, hot bubble baths with candles and a good book.
- Hair looking relaxed because it’s not being tormented by humidity.
- The sky is beautifully dramatic and now your Insta feed is to.
- If you’ve run out of milk in the morning you can sneak to the local shops in your PJ’s because your duvet-like coat is so long that no one will notice.
- New hearty seasonal menus at your favourite restaurant.
- Snowball fights. It’s amazing how quickly you warm up after a few minutes of dodging snowballs to the face!
- Ice skating or the chance to watch others try, while you sit with a mug of hot choccy.
Let me know what you like about winter, have I missed anything?
Winter has come (I’ve not seen any White Walkers in my part of Manchester yet) and I’ve decided to make some sort of effort with my seasonal style as ‘onesie’ is not in my vocabulary. So I’m going to post at least one nice outfit every week, either here or on my Instagram with a list of where I bought the items (or the brand who gifted them to me) or a similar alternative. Slow and sporadic wifi at the moment so no live links to the clothes at the moment, I do apologise.
Beanie – Bon Prix
Vintage Tee – My blokes from his late teens
Cardigan – Bon Prix
Leggings – Primark
Ugg boots – Next
Here’s my two previous #OOTD shots.
I seem to have progressed almost to full elf status in my latest outfit (top of this post) but it’s so comfy! Hmm, maybe I should reign (deer) it in a bit. Sorry, not sorry.
Dairy Free Chocolate Calendars
Tesco Chocologic £2.50
Montezuma’s Dark Chocolate Advent Calendar £9.99 from Ocado
Moo Free dairy free from Waitrose £4.75
Vegetarian Jelly Bean Calendar
Jelly Belly from Ocado £12.99
Disney Frozen Surprise Gifts Calendar from Ocado £11.99
Lego City Calendar from John Lewis £19.95
Wooden Tree (for a parent to add their own treats) by John Lewis £29.95
Cruelty Free Beauty Calendars
Ciate Mini Mani £50
Marks & Spencer Beauty £250 (£35 when you spend £35 on clothing)
Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte’s World of Legendary Parties (12 boxes) £150
LUSH Beauty (12 goodies) £49.95
Diptyque (scent, candles and skincare) £250
Yankee Candle £29.99
The Bomb by Bomb Cosmetics £19.99
Drinks by the Dram – Whiskey from Masters of Malt £149.95
Craft Beer from Ales by Mail £60