1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until last minute?
I usually start having people’s presents in mind around November and then somehow realise close to christmas that I’ve still not got them, they won’t be delivered in time so now I have to go to the bloody shops. Why do I do this to myself!?
2. If you could be in any Christmas movie, what would it be?
One set in the US where they have their beautiful big house all decorated with christmas lights, a giant real tree and glittering topiary on the lawn, maybe a little frozen lake for ice skating….
3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Used to be crimbo eve when I’d go clubbing but now it’s crimbo day.
4. When does your family (or you) put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
It always used to be me and Mum with a six ft tree, but now it’s me and my Bloke trying to make this little 1ft tree look grand. As you can see we need some practice lol We wait until December.
5. White lights or colored lights?
I love that yellow and red phase on modern lights as it’s so warm and inviting.
6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
I usually know what I’m getting but I love it when someone throws in a little surprise.
7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa’s workshop?
The gingerbread house would end up decreasing in size as I ate it, ha! Santa’s workshop would be too noisy. So I’ll go with the tasty gingerbread house and be minimal.
8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
It used to be getting drunk tbh. Now it’s going out and having Christmas meals lots of different places.
9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
Tom Hidleston, Xzibit, Gaten Matarazzo but he’s only 15 – maybe in five years! Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Idris Elba. I swear, I’d forget my own name if facing the latter two, or it would come out as “Chris…mas? Agh, ahahaa”.
10. What tops your Christmas tree?
A little wooden star at the moment but I’m holding out for a tiny angel or fairy.
11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
Five gold rings! A French hen and Turtle Doves are in there somewhere.
12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
I’ve sung in a non-religious choir at christmas in a church.
13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days left?
Sometimes I’ll get a dairy free choccy advent calendar but was too slow this year and they sold out :o( OMG three days!
14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
Forerro Rocher or Roses at some point right? Gluten free mince pies if I can find any, Yorkshire puds, onion gravy, Quorn turkey which tastes really gamey!
15. How has Christmas kept it’s magic for you as you’ve grown older?
I’m not gonna lie – food. No, just all of it, the tree/lights, christmas cards, snow if we’re lucky, the prezzies, the christmas films, the whole festive vibe.
I have no clue who started this and there aren’t any rules so just join in!