I like tofu in many forms, straight off the block cold, scrambled in egg or as scrambled egg, grilled with BBQ sauce and in sushi with tamari or hot sauce. I recently started buying a smoked version of firm tofu by The ToFoo Co. but it tasted more roasted than smokey. It bothered me until I decided to use it as a roast chicken replacement.
I asked a few people what kind of salad this tasted like and they all said ‘chicken mayo’ and it’s dairy and gluten free too, so here it is.
- Firm tofu
- 1/3 tin of mixed beans
- Baby gem lettuce
- Slice of onion
- Toasted sesame oil
- Vegetable oil
- Garlic mayo.
- Squeeze out excess water from the tofu by wrapping with paper towels pressing.
- Slice up tofu and generously salt it
- Pour sesame oil and vegetable oil onto a saucer and coat the tofu on all sides
- Grill on medium for around five minutes so tofu is lightly browned but not crispy
- Put tofu on the bed of salad
- Squirt over mayo
So simple but so tasty! This tastes amazing in a fajita wrap as well.