Over the years I’ve bought gladiator sandals which are practical and stylish but tough on my hypermobile ankle and knee joints as the soles are so uncushioned and as such, they don’t have any arch support, which I really need. I’ve tried Birkenstock type sandals but the soles are so heavy (not great for chronic-fatigue) and they fly off as soon as I pick up any speed. Then there’s mules and sliders, which stay on but seem to be designed for people with really flat, tiny feet and I struggle to actually slide my feet in all the way.
So Crocs it is!
Crocs have galaxy prints, iridescent, graphic 90’s prints and animal print which are pretty alternative but my brain would melt-down trying to team those with, well anything else in my wardrobe really.
So what’s an urban-goth girl to do? I bought a black pair to go out in and a cheap(er) bright pair for around the house as slippers.
The classic style came with six free Jibbitz so I chose that offer for my main one’s. I was surprised to see silver punky studs, a gold bee charm, pretty jewel charms, sparkly rainbow Pride charms and a collaboration with Liberty X London.
Surprisingly bad-ass for a pair of plastic sandals!
- Really comfy even when my feet are have loads of water retention (pictured)
- They stay on my feet, when walking at full speed (thanks to the bar at the back)
- The bar can swing over to the front so they slip on easily and they still don’t feel loose
- Great arch support
- The insole is textured so that it grips
- Seven vents around the front for air flow
- They are so light I actually forgot I was wearing them
The website is so busy, it’s easy to miss styles that you might have liked.
Crocs have moved on from just selling expensive, brightly coloured shoes with plastic cartoon badges on, although that is incredibly kawaii! 😊