Spot my bloke on the right
I’ve always loved that Bundobust is a no frills, eco friendly canteen and bar (even the cutlery is biodegradable), serving Indian street food.
It’s really spacious but still manages to be cozy and friendly. We reserved a booth because I’m not able to climb into and sit on the bench seating, plus we wanted to be isolated because of Covid.
They have gluten free beer, mango lassi, cocktails, chai tea, the most delicious peshwari paratha (sweet bread) and kulfi (pistachio ice cream).
Saag Aloo (spinach and potato); Paneer, mushroom and pepper kebabs; Peshwari Paratha (sweet bread); Sev Puri (Dry noodle, layers of samosa, yoghurt and tamarind sauce); Okra fries.
TIPS ON LIVING A GREEN LIFESTYLE
- Buy organic
- Reduce plastic consumption (use wooden/fabric/glass/metal alternatives)
- Avoid single use plastic
- Support independent companies
- Buy local produce
- Campaign/fund raise for wildlife and nature
- Drive an electric car or cycle or use public transport
- Use cruelty free and natural skincare, selfcare and household products
- Buy from and donate to charity shops
- Sell quality items on Depop and donate the money to smaller charities
- Use fabric tote bags for shopping
- Grow your own veg (growing a little tomato or chilli plant or regrowing veg ends like lettuce on your windowsill counts)
- Avoid fast fashion as much as possible
- Get clothes altered and learn how to hem and use darts to alter size/shape (fairly easy but makes a huge difference).
- Buy your electricity and gas from Good Energy/Ecotricity
- Use the phone provider Eco Talk
- Turn off the light when you leave the room
- Wear another layer, rather than turning up the heating
Just do your best and don’t stress!