TIPS ON LIVING A GREEN LIFESTYLE
- Buy organic
- Reduce plastic consumption (use wooden/fabric/glass/metal alternatives)
- Avoid single use plastic
- Support independent companies
- Buy local produce
- Campaign/fund raise for wildlife and nature
- Drive an electric car or cycle or use public transport
- Use cruelty free and natural skincare, selfcare and household products
- Buy from and donate to charity shops
- Sell quality items on Depop and donate the money to smaller charities
- Use fabric tote bags for shopping
- Grow your own veg (growing a little tomato or chilli plant or regrowing veg ends like lettuce on your windowsill counts)
- Avoid fast fashion as much as possible
- Get clothes altered and learn how to hem and use darts to alter size/shape (fairly easy but makes a huge difference).
- Buy your electricity and gas from Good Energy/Ecotricity
- Use the phone provider Eco Talk
- Turn off the light when you leave the room
- Wear another layer, rather than turning up the heating
Just do your best and don’t stress!
Hi lovely people!
I’ve decided for Outfit Of The Day posts I’m only going to link to wear to buy one or two main items. This is partly because I’m sure your savvy enough to find your own wardrobe basics (to suit your own budget) and partly because I want to promote delving into the back of our own wardrobes and only adding a new piece every now and then to create outfits, rather than always buying fast-fashion.
Clearly Instagram knows me very well as it suggested I follow Hell Bunny, a UK shop which sells a lot of retro Rockabilly and sexy vintage styles of clothing and accessories. The clothes are new and well made and the sizing is spot on. I bought this Poseidon blouse because I’d never seen a pretty blouse with such a an awesome and unique pattern as this one before!
I already had the ‘pirate’ ankle boots after seeing them in the Vivienne Westwood shop and spotting an affordable pair in Topshop. I already had the the little cute-but-punky hoops and black skirt from EMP, and thin leggings from Matalan. Am I the only one who gets claustrophobic/stupidly hot wearing those really thick, shiny leggings that are everywhere now?
Stylish and safe – perfect for in the city
[I’ve only just looked in this months Cosmo and found they have done a puffa jacket style edit with the tittle ‘Puff Daddy’ which was the tittle I originally thought up for this! Stylish and psychic lol]
Team with ankle, knee or thigh boots and wear through Autumn and Winter.
Miss Selfridge gray dress
, £56 / WithChic colorblock dress
, £27 / Long sleeve dress
, £15 / Boohoo red long sleeve dress
, £29 / MANGO bell sleeve dress
, £29 / Miss Selfridge long sleeve bodycon dress
, £26 / Short dress
, £24 / Boohoo long sleeve bodycon dress
, £12 / WithChic skater dress
/ Long sleeve dress
, £18 / Red long sleeve dress
, £16 / Long sleeve dress
, £14 / Long sleeve dress
, £13 / Asymmetrical dress
, £13 / Doublju green dress