An absolutely mahoosive thank you to everyone who has been with me since the start or found this blog a while ago or have just discovered it. Your comments and likes have spurred me on to keep blogging and have been the highlight of my day when I’ve been having a bad one. Your support and enthusiasm has made me feel like I’m actually good at something when Dyspraxia has made me feel otherwise. You have made me laugh (with you, not at you), you’ve been as excited about geeky things, urban things and cruelty free things as I have and really made me think about life with your observations and advice. You are all awesome!
It is so strange to think that three years I finally took peoples advice and started a little unassuming blog. A blog which turned into something that a lot of lovely strangers actually started to follow and commented on and then some of my fave brands which I’ve used for years started to gift me their products to review and invites started arriving for blogger events, meals and cocktails!
The most surprising thing however, is that I’ve actually kept this up for three years and yes, people leave but new people follow every week. When ever I’ve felt bored because of illness or Winter weather or I’ve felt lonely, this has been a little sanctuary that I can visit, with a cuppa and snuggly wrap around cardigan, which always makes me smile.
To anyone who’s followed this blog for a long time, I appreciate you putting up with the early days of back-to-front structured sentences (thats how my thoughts sound in my head) and under or over exposed photo’s. I never realised that as a blogger I would become a copy writer, an editor, a photographer of all sorts of subjects, a photographic editor, a creator of layouts and an organised (gasp!) person capable of meeting deadlines, tagging and scheduling blog posts and the owner of several busy and successful social media accounts. Phew!
To anyone reading this who isn’t a blogger, why ever not? Give it a go, what have you got to loose? Even if you only get a small amount of followers, you will still have a creative journal of your life and maybe learn some new skills along the way.
Now give me some cake!
Genuine thanks from the bottom of my heart
The slimmest and most contemporary looking scales I’ve ever owned (available in black and white), the Ozeri Touch II scales measure weight, body fat, hydration levels, muscle mass and bone index. It does this by using bioelectrical impedance – what? Basically our body conducts electricity and different parts conduct better or worse than others so when the scale sends an electrical pulse through your body (don’t worry, you don’t feel it), it works out the mass of each individual part. Genius!
To start using these scales you stand on them to get a reading of your weight and then programme in your height, gender and age using the simple Tare (mode), Set (enter) and direction buttons. It’s advised that you then write down the following readings of how your weight is comprised e.g. water, bone mass etc.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Built in memory can hold profiles of 8 different people
- Maximum weight 200kg
- Can be used quickly by anyone just measuring their overall weight
- Re-enforced glass which is easy to clean and anti-bacterial
- LED with calming blue light so scale can be used in low light, no need to blind everyone first thing in the morning
- No need to bend down as buttons can be operated with toes
- Although scale should be used on a flat surface, I still found it accurate on thin carpet and then on laminate with a very slight incline
- Fairly light-weight and portable for this type of scale
- People with small feet can easily press middle buttons by mistake with when weighing themselves
- A little slippery when wet
- Moves onto the next measurement too quickly when you are trying to write them all down for future reference
- Memory does not save readings of measurements. Can’t review and compare your last weighings.
Ozeri Touch II Bathroom Scales £34.99 Amazon
I’ve been using the Insta Collage app to create mini albums to draw attention to my Instagram feed on social media. It’s really easy to compile, edit and share them and so addictive that I’ve made eight of them!
Geek and Alternative
Cruelty Free Beauty
Food and Drink
Just Random Really
Why not follow me on Instagram for more piccies.